Fijian Cuisine – Menus on the Island
Bula! Please note the menu information contained in these downloadable PDFs is subject to change depending on the best seasonal produce available. We have also included some information for people who suffer from food intolerances. Refer below.
Do you have food allergies? Read on…
Castaway Island Resort is well versed in special dietary requirements, as we cater for children and adults from around the world who are afflicted with an increase in food allergies and intolerances.
Here is a summary of how we will make sure your stay is free from dietary concerns:
• The majority of our a ‘la carte and buffet menus feature items that are gluten-free (GF), preservative/additive-free, and we use mainly locally-grown organic fruits & vegetables.
• Our wild seafood comes straight from ocean around Castaway Island, so are not farmed or fed GMO grains • For breakfast & kid’s juice station, we use Australian-made 100% fruit juices that are free of preservatives/additives/added sugar
• Sundowner Pizza Bar also can make Gluten Free pizza bases on request, using a trio of potato/rice/tapioca as the dough recipe • Our Australian beef is organic-certified and comes from the green pastures of Tasmania’s Cape Grim • For breakfast, and on request, we have GF bread, cereals and muesli, as well as Indo-Fijian breakfast of locally-grown, sautéed vegetables. Just let our morning “Eggman” know and he will organize
• Chicken/Goat is local, hormone-free, Halal-certified
• We stock a range of “Passion Pasta” GF pasta’s we’ve imported from Victoria • For desserts, we have a number GF desserts, ice cream cones, chocolate wafers and crackers – and all our ice cream and Fijian chocolate is locally- made and GF !
• We also stock non-GMO Brown Rice milk, and lactose-free Soy Milk
General rule of thumb: Let us know in advance what you need so we can prepare and have it ready for you.